- To foster the principles and values of Humanism
- To serve as a forum and a voice for common concerns and interests of Humanists in the Greater Hartford area
- To conduct programs of interest to Humanists in the Greater Hartford area
- To provide a supportive atmosphere to encourage the free exchange of ideas and information
- To promote collegiality and build community with others who share Humanist values
- To implement programs and plans developed and adopted by the HAH that are consistent with the purposes articulated above
We are currently an all-volunteer group with a steering committee to discuss and recommend action to the membership. All HAH members are welcome to attend steering committee meetings, which are held every other month.
The current officers are:
President – Dan Blinn
Vice-President – Rebecca Williams
Treasurer – Mark Pixley
Secretary – Bea Maslowski
We also have committees to handle:
- Programs, including guest speakers
- Social events
- Charitable activities
- Technical aspects, such as our web site and meetup group
If you’d like to help run any of our activities, please fill in our contact form or talk to an organizer at any event.
You’re also welcome to suggest meetups on our Meetup group.
We do not charge membership dues yet. That may change, but so far the organization has been able to pay expenses for guest speakers and charitable activities from donations by members.